My resolutions for 2015 are more of how am I going to establish and improve myself on a consistent basis measured anywhere between daily – monthly. With that in mind, my resolutions for 2015 are simply nothing more than personal goals.
- Read at least one business book to better my career every month: I have always been interested in books, but off late am unable to spend the time I want to. To supplement my career, it is very important for me that I look into reading more, and understanding more. And I am focusing more on the business side, simply because of my job. I want to get better at what I do, and hopefully this should help me. And as a part of improving my blog, I shall review each book on my blog.
- Learn to play at least 5-6 songs on the keyboard: I purchased a Yamaha Ez220 for my kid for chirstmas (more for me than for her). My hidden agenda was to practice and get better at it on a daily basis. By the end of the year, I would like to see myself be able to read music and play at least 5-6 songs.
- Follow an fitness routine from start to finish: So I got the P90x3 set. After Jan 2015, I plan to invest myself into the program, and take it from start to finish. Yes, there might be days I might have to skew a bit, but I shall try my best to be back on track ASAP.
- Healthy eating habits: Ever since I switched my job in 2012, I have been eating outside almost every day I go to work. Eating pre-processed food (even @ Chipotle) is not going to help me live longer or healthier, and I very much intend to do both.
- Practice good oral hygiene: I do brush my teeth daily…that’s a given, but I do not do it twice. And I do not floss (there… I said it). I am going to try my best to keep my teeth in good condition more as a habit than a goal.
- Practice good sleeping habits: I go to sleep anywhere between 9pm – 2am and wake up between 6am – 9am. While I am aware of the benefits of a good sleep system, the realities of life often come in the way. The rest of the days when life is being nice to me, I take it upon myself to be awake late night. So, it ends today. Starting 2015, I am going to try my best to follow a strict sleeping pattern, and when I am unable to, for various reasons, I shall push myself back on track.
- Learn a new language: I installed Duolingo on my iPhone almost 6-8 months ago, thinking I shall start learning the next day, and 6 months later, I did not go through even one lesson. My daughter learns spanish at her school, and that was my original motivation, and its free. So, at least one session daily of any language (starting with Spanish)
- End 2015 in the GREEN: While I somehow manage my finances, I find myself in situations where there was little to no planning, and I have to scurry around for some extra money. Whenever I am in that situation, I think to myself it shall never happen again, and ta-da..in a month it happens again. So, I am going to use data from the previous year (2014), and be able to predict and plan how my expenses are going to be for 2015, and SHALL NOT be caught by surprise. This also includes setting up a savings plan, and not dipping into it throughout the year.
If I manage the above goals somehow, and have more bandwidth (apart from spending time with my kid, day-job, friends), I would certainly think about the following:
- Go through a DrinkMaster course: I always loved to make the drinks they serve at bars. Time for me to start learning the art. Maybe during summer.
- Prepare for my higher studies: Don’t know much yet, but I have a few ideas. I guess this year is more for research of what I want to do, and where I want to be intellectually in 2016.
- Spend some time tinkering with Arduino: I put this in my Secret Santa wish list, and actually got it. Now, I have no more excuses.